Security cameras in Delhi are an essential part of surveillance systems. For installation process and choosing right system, plays a huge role in performance.
Main problems that may arise during installation of security cameras of such systems:
- Improper installation of security cameras;
- Camera wrong location;
- Poor quality products.
We describe all these issues in more details.
For proper selection of CCTV cameras, we need to address several questions:
- What is the purpose of installing video surveillance cameras?
- Is it necessary to install hidden security cameras?
- Do you need built-in night vision functionality?
- What is size of area perimeter and camera locations?
- Should a security camera follow moving object?
- Is there a need to distinguish colors?
Video surveillance cameras are distinguished by following features:
- Camera sensitivity defines how well camera can see the field view in the dark Location. Light sensitivity is measured in Lux units. Low Lux indicates that the camera is light sensitive and will work better in dark locations. If you care about night performance, then low light would be an optimal choice. Make sure that lux figure in camera specification sheet does not exceed 0.01
- Camera resolution is responsible for picture quality and it is measured in megapixel.
Typical security camera has approximately 1MP or 2MP. A low resolution camera has 1280×720 (1MP) and High resolution 2592×1920 (5MP).For best combination of price and pictures quality, choose resolution between 1920×1080 (2MP).
- Lens viewing angle allows surveillance camera to focus on wide areas as well as areas far away from the camera. Depending on the size of the observation, you can choose a lens with narrow or wide viewing angles. Camera lens viewing angle is measured in (mm) millimetres. For wide angle lens range is 1.8mm – 4mm, while long range cameras can have lens up to 100mm. Typical lens of a surveillance camera is in the range of 2.8 – 9mm. Long range lens are used for traffic cameras to pick up vehicle license plates. If you are not sure about lens size, it is advisable to consult with professionals.
- Place the camera surveillance.
CCTV Cameras are suitable for indoor and outdoor locations. A bullet camera or outdoor camera is generally use for main entrance gate and its metal body protect from bad weather for outdoor. A Dome camera or indoor camera is use for indoor locations like restroom, bedroom etc. it’s can capture 180degree from the indoor location.
No matter how much bigger video surveillance system can be; it is important that it can capture the best view of your area.
After selecting proper cameras you need to identify location to install them:
- Incorrect placement of surveillance cameras will lead to blind spots;
- Some locations would bring unwanted attention or will not match the interior;
- CCTV cameras should be kept out of reach, or placed in vandal resistant housing
For suitable camera locations you will need a floor plan, with objects and places that require more attention and danger spots. Take into count day and night recording operation. Indicate on the plan light sources, areas with low light and places blocked by plants. This is difficult work, and small error that may lead to bad visibility.
When you mount cameras also need to consider some facts:
- Any wires must be securely hidden, to avoid cutting or placed in conduit;
- Security camera direction must be tight, so it does not get offset;
- Leave access in case of future service
From an economic point of view it is cheaper to purchase complete camera package including installation, rather getting equipment and labour separate. In Delhi and Noida security cameras can be installed on professional level and right price.